Strukton Rail is an international player with groundbreaking solutions for rail infrastructure and electrical systems in rolling stock equipment.
Through almost a century of rail construction experience, maintenance knowledge and technological development, we have successfully created, adapted and connected best practices for rail asset management from all over the world. Strukton Rail is part of Strukton Group. For more information, visit www.struktonrail.com and http://www.struktonrailnorthamerica.com.
Current Career Opportunities
January 8, 2020
Strukton Rail is expanding into North America and is looking for a Maintenance Engineer with demonstrated Railroad Industry expertise. The preferred candidate will have 5-10 years of experience with a North American railroad, involvement in rail infrastructure maintenance or renewal projects, and knowledge of Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS) practices applicable to passenger and/or freight railways.
As a Maintenance Engineer, you will be a key member of Strukton Rail’s Global Asset Management Organization working to prevent failures, identify problems before they occur and stay one step ahead of potential breakdowns. As part of the onboarding program, a 2 to 3-week training will be required at Strukton Rail’s headquarters in the Netherlands, with follow-up trainings every six months.
Strukton Rail North American is based in Bethesda, MD. Relocation to Bethesda, MD is not required, however, 50% – 75% travel is anticipated; therefore, it is expected that the candidate lives within normal commuting distance, 25 miles or 45 minutes with heavy traffic, to a major US airport.
Safety is a top priority in all aspects of our operations. The successful candidate must likewise consider safety as paramount and demonstrate an awareness of safe operations.
- Collaborate with clients to implement smart maintenance (asset management) products, programs, procedures and practices
- Analyze data gathered from field assets and identify trends, anomalies, and deviations from reference graphs.
- Technical report writing based on data collected from remote assets and field inspections.
- Conduct RAMS analysis
- Measure and analyze Key Performance Indicators to identify trends and actions for continuous improvement or corrective measures
- Use of analysis techniques, including RCA/FTA, to provide potential solutions and applicability measures
- Research technical issues and recognize the potential for using Strukton’s innovative products
- Manage internal and external stakeholder expectations, including but not limited to, reporting, on-site visits and/or inspections
- Coordinate requests for renewal of return of objects (ROO) and requests for amendments (RFA)
- Share best practices with colleagues around the globe to improve Strukton Rail’s Asset Management program
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 5-10 years of demonstrated experience in rail infrastructure
- Knowledge of Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS) practices
- Knowledge of asset management strategies
- Knowledge of relevant engineering standards and processes
- Knowledge of required computer software applications, i.e. Minitab, MatLab and preferably SAP and Optimizer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments concurrently
- Ability to work independently, with a view of both the big picture and the details
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding setting, learn fast and execute tasks as required
- Ability to travel as needed
Candidates must pass a company-paid physical exam, drug-screen and have a valid driver’s license.
The North American expansion of Strukton Rail will be supported by its sister company, Antea Group, an international engineering and environmental consulting company with 350+ resources in the USA.
Applications can be submitted via Strukton Rail – Maintenance Engineer
For additional information, please contact Toni Lynn Cooper, Recruiting Project Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.