June 26, 2020
Strukton Rail is expanding into North America and is looking for a Maintenance Engineer with demonstrated Railroad Industry expertise. The preferred candidate will have 5-10 years of experience with a North American railroad, involvement in rail infrastructure maintenance or renewal projects, and knowledge of Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS) practices applicable to passenger and/or freight railways.
Strukton Rail North American is based in Bethesda, MD. Relocation to Bethesda, MD is not required, however, 50% – 75% travel is anticipated; therefore, it is expected that the candidate lives within normal commuting distance, 25 miles or 45 minutes with heavy traffic, to a major US airport.
Safety is a top priority in all aspects of our operations. The successful candidate must likewise consider safety as paramount and demonstrate an awareness of safe operations.
- Collaborate with clients to implement smart maintenance (asset management) products, programs, procedures and practices
- Analyze data gathered from field assets and identify trends, anomalies, and deviations from reference graphs.
- Technical report writing based on data collected from remote assets and field inspections.
- Conduct RAMS analysis
- Measure and analyze Key Performance Indicators to identify trends and actions for continuous improvement or corrective measures
- Use of analysis techniques, including RCA/FTA, to provide potential solutions and applicability measures
- Research technical issues and recognize the potential for using Strukton’s innovative products
- Manage internal and external stakeholder expectations, including but not limited to, reporting, on-site visits and/or inspections
- Coordinate requests for renewal of return of objects (ROO) and requests for amendments (RFA)
- Share best practices with colleagues around the globe to improve Strukton Rail’s Asset Management program
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 5-10 years of demonstrated experience in rail infrastructure
- Knowledge of Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS) practices
- Knowledge of asset management strategies
- Knowledge of relevant engineering standards and processes
- Knowledge of required computer software applications, i.e. Minitab, MatLab and preferably SAP and Optimizer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments concurrently
- Ability to work independently, with a view of both the big picture and the details
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding setting, learn fast and execute tasks as required
- Ability to travel as needed
Candidates must pass a company-paid physical exam, drug-screen and have a valid driver’s license.
The North American expansion of Strukton Rail will be supported by its sister company, Antea Group, an international engineering and environmental consulting company with 350+ resources in the USA.
Applications can be submitted via Strukton Rail – Maintenance Engineer
For additional information, please contact Toni Lynn Cooper, Recruiting Project Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.