Issues with rail infrastructure, including overhead catenary system (OCS) problems, can cause service disruptions. Automated wire inspection solutions bring a new paradigm for how OCS problems can be identified with greater efficiency and remedied more effectively while keeping network availability up, to make rail lines safe and secure quickly.
Strukton Rail is uniquely positioned to support condition-based wire inspection & analysis by designing a solution for ever-changing policies and requirements. The Strukton Wire Scan provides a complete and automated system for live (energized) contact-wire inspection. The new technology is based on non-contact measurement principles via a flexible, modular setup that can be deployed by Strukton. The scan results allow us the predict where future defects might occur.
The Strukton Wire Scan measures thickness, lateral position, height and dynamics of wires at an average speed of 18 mph with a maximum collection of 3.6 million samples/hr. The system can achieve up to 42% in savings vs traditional (hand) measurements. The analyzed data provide an overview of the health of OCS, which can easily be used for maintenance planning and integration in an ERP software.
February 4, 2020
Strukton Rail is expanding into North America and is looking for a Maintenance Engineer with demonstrated Railroad Industry expertise. The preferred candidate will have 5-10 years of experience with a North American railroad, involvement in rail infrastructure maintenance or renewal projects, and knowledge of Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS) practices applicable to passenger and/or freight railways.
Strukton Rail North American is based in Bethesda, MD. Relocation to Bethesda, MD is not required, however, 50% – 75% travel is anticipated; therefore, it is expected that the candidate lives within normal commuting distance, 25 miles or 45 minutes with heavy traffic, to a major US airport.
Safety is a top priority in all aspects of our operations. The successful candidate must likewise consider safety as paramount and demonstrate an awareness of safe operations.
- Collaborate with clients to implement smart maintenance (asset management) products, programs, procedures and practices
- Analyze data gathered from field assets and identify trends, anomalies, and deviations from reference graphs.
- Technical report writing based on data collected from remote assets and field inspections.
- Conduct RAMS analysis
- Measure and analyze Key Performance Indicators to identify trends and actions for continuous improvement or corrective measures
- Use of analysis techniques, including RCA/FTA, to provide potential solutions and applicability measures
- Research technical issues and recognize the potential for using Strukton’s innovative products
- Manage internal and external stakeholder expectations, including but not limited to, reporting, on-site visits and/or inspections
- Coordinate requests for renewal of return of objects (ROO) and requests for amendments (RFA)
- Share best practices with colleagues around the globe to improve Strukton Rail’s Asset Management program
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 5-10 years of demonstrated experience in rail infrastructure
- Knowledge of Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS) practices
- Knowledge of asset management strategies
- Knowledge of relevant engineering standards and processes
- Knowledge of required computer software applications, i.e. Minitab, MatLab and preferably SAP and Optimizer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments concurrently
- Ability to work independently, with a view of both the big picture and the details
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding setting, learn fast and execute tasks as required
- Ability to travel as needed
Candidates must pass a company-paid physical exam, drug-screen and have a valid driver’s license.
The North American expansion of Strukton Rail will be supported by its sister company, Antea Group, an international engineering and environmental consulting company with 350+ resources in the USA.
Applications can be submitted via Strukton Rail – Maintenance Engineer
For additional information, please contact Toni Lynn Cooper, Recruiting Project Manager at email@example.com.